June 16, 2012

Last night at Chateau Marmont


Yup you guessed it another cold, wet weekend. I think there have been more rainy days than sunny days this year. The only way to enjoy a wet cold day is to stay inside wearing daggy comfortable clothes, wrap up in a blanket and watch movies or read a book.

I have just started reading 'Last night at Chateau Marmont' by Lauren Weisberger the author of 'The Devil wears Prada'. I haven't read 'The Devil wears Prada' but like most women have watched the movie. I wonder if the book is better than the movie? Three years ago I read 'Chasing Harry Winston' also by Lauren Weisberger, it was an easy read.

I have just finished the first chapter, so far so good, the plot focuses on Brooke a late 20's/early 30's (I'm not too sure how old she is) woman who is married to a struggling musician, as per the blurb her husband becomes an overnight success which changes their lives. A scandalous picture hits the front pages and Brooke's world is turned upside down.

Like most books I am sure it will be easy to guess what happens.  I guess I will finish the book within the next week or two, unlike the novel 'Emma' by Jane Austen which I have been slowly reading over the past seven months!