June 25, 2012

Good Food and Wine Show

Yesterday as part of my busy weekend I spent the day at the Good Food and Wine Show at Sydney Convention Centre.

It was fantastic, I had a great time visiting the various number of exhibitors and sampling lots of nice food, alcohol and watching live demonstrations.

I watched live demonstrations by Manu Feildel (My Kitchen Rules) and George Calombaris (Masterchef).

Manu's prepared three dishes during his demonstration 'Am I really French'. A baked scallop entree, Coq Au Vin main and a Bread and butter pudding for desert. Manu was quite funny, his dishes were ideal for a dinner party, I can't wait to cook Coq Au Vin.

Manu Feildel
George Calombaris demonstrated a number of different dishes inspired by his life hence the name 'The Tree of Life', George dishes were quite interesting - Liquorice carrots and Fried pig nipples to name a few. George showed the audience how mash is made in the kitchen, it was shocking to see 500gm of butter added to a bowl of mash! No wonder most chef's have a belly!

George Calombaris
My favourite exhibitors were:

Chobani Yoghurt - Chobani makes greek yoghurts, at the Chobani stand you could choose a tub of yoghurt of your choice (the most generous sample out of all the exhibitors). I choose the mango yoghurt and had a spoonful of the blueberry yoghurt, the mango was good however the blueberry was fantastic!


and

Skinnygirl Cocktails - Another generous exhibitor, at this exhibit you could sample the Margarita and the White Cranberry Cosmo. The sample sizes were generous and if you made a purchase you received an express manicure or pedicure. I am not a fan of tequila so I didn't like the Margarita however loved the Cosmo, I will definitely be picking up a bottle next time I am at the liquor store.