August 13, 2012

Siam Corner, Rouse Hill


Last night my husband, mother and father in law and I had dinner at Siam Corner. Siam Corner is a Thai restaurant at Rouse Hill,  the entertainment book voucher offers at 25% discount up to the value of $35.00.

I had never been too Siam Corner, I often drive past it however take little notice as it forms part of a number of shops, I was pleasantly surprised by the decor and the menu. The menu includes yummy dishes like Mussaman lamb, seared ginger and soy scallops, crispy pork belly to name a few.

We ended up ordering the $40.00 banquet, the 'Hills' banquet.

The entrees came out on one platter, on the platter there were spring rolls, fish cakes, peking duck rolls and salt and pepper squid sitting on a fresh bed of apple and plum sauce. The fish cakes were a tad to spicy for my liking however the salt and pepper squid was amazing.

Our mains included chicken and cashew nut, mussaman lamb, crispy pork belly and prawns and wild mushrooms. My favourites were the mussaman lamb and crispy pork belly.

Crispy pork belly and Chicken and cashew nut
Prawns and wild mushrooms
Mussaman curry
We all enjoyed our meal, the dishes are slightly more expensive than most Thai restaurants however the food is fresh, quality ingredients are used and the dishes taste fantastic. The average rating on the table was 8.6. I personally rated the restaurant 9.0, the mussaman lamb was the best mussaman curry I have had, the crispy pork belly was also up there.

To finish our meals we had tea and coffee which was included in the banquet.

I will definitely be back.