September 18, 2012

Laduree, Sydney

If you live in Sydney you probably have heard that Laduree the famous french patisserie has opened up a store in Westfield Sydney.

The store opened last Tuesday and has received mix reviews.

Curious, yesterday I decided to check it out. After a 1 hour wait I finally made it to the counter,  I ordered a box of 6 macaroons, I choose the following flavours - salted caramel, vanilla, chocolate, pistachio, marshmallow centre strawberry and marshmallow centre pistachio.

Not wanting to spoil my dinner (I went to Jamie's Kitchen straight after) I had to wait till I got home before I could sample the beautiful macaroons, I was very good and only tried one the salted caramel it was fantastic, nice and crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, it tasted similar to a piece of caramel flavoured popcorn!

Today I couldn't resist the temptation and sampled half of the 5 remaining macaroons (so much for my weight watchers points haha) I wasn't that impressed with the marshmallow centred macaroons however loved the remaining macaroons.

My top 3 are:

1. Salted caramel
2. Chocolate
3. Vanilla

Will I go back? Yes I will however I am yet to try Zumbo's macaroons so I will try his macaroons before going back.