October 13, 2012

Blu Ginger, Castle Hill

Located at Castle Hill Towers Piaza is Blu Ginger an Indian restaurant featured in the Entertainment book.

I first experienced Blu Ginger whilst living in Canberra and can confidently say it is my favourite Indian restaurant.

The decor is modern with wooden tables and red cushioned seats,  the walls are covered with a red and gold printed wallpaper. 

The food is fantastic, often I dine with a group and we order the 2 course banquet which is great value, however last night it was just my husband and I so we ordered off the menu.

For entree we ordered the Nepalese Chicken Momo an entree I have not seen on the menu before. The Nepalese Chicken Momo is made up of 6 chicken mince dumplings accompanied with a spicy sauce. The dumplings were great, unfortunately the sauce was a touch to spicy for my liking so I used it sparingly.

Nepalese Chicken Momo


Our mains consisted of Butter chicken (one of my favourite Blu Ginger dishes, I also love the vegetable korma) and Panjim Fish Curry with a garlic naan and basmati rice, both the curries were great! The chicken in the butter chicken was nice and juicy. The fish curry was quite nice too.

Panjim Fish curry and Butter Chicken

As I am doing Weight Watchers and I had a glass of wine with my meal we decided to skip desert.

Overall I rate Blu Ginger 9/10, the food is great, the prices are good  and service is reasonable, we didn't have too wait too long for our meal nor did we feel like we were being pushed out the door.  You can also BYO wine.

The Entertainment book voucher offers diners 25% off the total bill up to $20.00 value.