November 13, 2012
Ricotta, spinach and zucchini spaghetti
If you are a busy person like me and don't have too much time to cook mid week than this is the recipe for you which I managed to prepare and cook within 30 minutes!
10 cherry tomatoes
250g frozen spinach
200g lite ricotta
200g dry pasta, spaghetti
1 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
Sprig of parsley
Salt and pepper
1. Place a pot of salted water on the stove to boil.
2. Thinly slice into long strips the two zucchinis, finely dice the onion, crush the garlic and dice the cherry tomatoes.
3. Spray a fry pan with olive oil spray and add the zucchini, once golden remove the zucchini and add the onion and garlic and saute.
4. By this stage the pot of salted water should be boiling, Add the pasta and cook for approx 10-12 minutes.
5. Add the frozen spinach to the sauteed onion and garlic and stir. Add 3/4 of the diced cherry tomatoes to the fry pan. Note: you may need to thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave for 1 minute.
6. Once the pasta has been cooked to your liking, drain the pasta. Add the drained pasta and cooked zucchini to the fry pan and mix. Fold in the ricotta. Once combined pour into a large serving bowl.
7. Top with the remaining diced cherry tomatoes, parsley and add salt and pepper.