September 29, 2013
Easy pikelets with nutella and strawberries
Happy Sunday all! I hope you have had a great weekend so far. Mine has been busy with the usual weekend chores, lawn bowls and dinner with family yesterday mixed in with some gardening here and there.
The keep my strength up I cooked some yummy pikelets this morning which I topped with nutella, strawberries and a little ice cream!
150g self raising flour
1 tablespoon caster sugar
3/4 cup milk
Butter to add to fry pan
1. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a fry pan set on medium heat and melt.
2. Add flour and caster sugar to a bowl and make a well in the centre.
3. Add egg and butter and mix until all ingredients have combined and there are no lumps.
4. Slowly pour the batter (approx 1-2 tablespoons) into the hot frypan, repeat however make sure you don't overcrowd the fry pan.
5. Once bubbles start to form flip the pikelets over, after 1-2 minutes remove the pikelets and add to a plate.
6. Serve with an assortment of toppings i.e. butter, maple syrup, jam, nutella, cream...