August 31, 2014

Chunky chocolate mousse in a shot glass


Chocolate mousse in a shot glass is my dessert of the moment. I recently made a batch for my nieces dedication ceremony and another batch for my brother engagement party last night.

The mousse is easy to make, the below ingredients will fill about 25 shot glasses. If you feel like dressing up the shot glass you can tie a ribbon around it or you can pop a decorated spoon as I have done into the mousse.

Ingredients:

250g white, milk or dark chocolate
250ml instant custard
400ml thickened cream
1 square of milk or dark chocolate for grating

Method:

1. Melt white chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering hot water.
2. Remove bowl from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Add instant custard and stir.
4. Stir in cream, as cream will be cold it will set some of the chocolate, stir quickly to break up any large chunks.
5. Pour into shot glasses and refrigerate over night.
6. To serve grate chocolate on top of mousse.