October 29, 2014

Aria, Circular Quay

On Saturday night to continue the birthday celebrations I surprised my husband with dinner at Matt Moran's restaurant Aria.

Me excited to be at Aria
Located in Circular Quay a stones throw away from the Opera House the restaurant offers views of the harbor bridge. We were seated along the window and had a glimpse of the bridge from where we sat.


After observing the menu and the extensive wine list we settled on four courses and two half bottles of wine.

Here is a peek at what we ordered.

First course:
Southern calamari with Iberico Jamon, garlic custard and shiitake mushroom tea

Warm marron tail with bello rosso tomatoes and lemon verbena
Second course:
Murray cod with sour blueberries, guanciale and rosemary

Kurabuta pork belly with apple, swede and hazelnuts

Third course:

Angus rump, mash potato, salad,
Cervena venison fillet and crepinette with Japanese pumpkin, red witlof, black pepper and riberry sauce

Fourth course:

Australian and international cheeses

Pineapple with Jerusalem artichoke, buttermilk sorbet mint and lime
Petite fours to end our meal

Overall I was very impressed, the food was fantastic! I was slightly jealous of the foodgasmic calamari my husband ordered, was impressed by the venison I ordered and surprised myself by ordering the pineapple for dessert.