October 7, 2014

Museli, nut and cranberry balls


 

I must admit my snacking habits have gone downhill. Gone are the pre baby days of almonds, carrot sticks and fruit, hello are the days of biscuits, chocolate and coffee.

So last week wanting to satisfy my sweet tooth with something a little healthier I made a batch of protein balls with what I could find in the pantry.

The balls were quick and easy to make. With the below quantities I rolled eighteen balls that went so quickly days later I had to make another batch.


Ingredients:

1 cup museli (I used Carmen's fruit and nut museli)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried mix of fruit, seeds and nuts
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp nutella
3 tbsp sweet honey nut spread (you can use peanut butter and honey)
1 scoop (30g) chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup desiccated coconut

Steps:

1. Add all ingredients except for the desiccated coconut to a food processor and mix till all combined (mixture should be moist).
2. Using a tablespoon of mixture shape into a ball.
3. Roll ball over a flat surface covered with the desiccated coconut.
4. Place balls onto a tray lined with baking paper and pop into fridge.
5. Once set transfer balls into a container and store in fridge.