November 1, 2014

Thermomix cooking class

Torta Caprese
In preparation for the arrival of my thermomix which I ordered what seems like forever ago, on Thursday night I attended a Thermomix cooking class hosted by several local consultants.

Lemonade
The consultants cooked up a storm as myself and the other attendees sat back, watched and sampled the following dishes; Strawberry and pink grapefruit sorbet, lemonade, fruit and nut muesli, three cheeses spinach scroll, butter, guacamole, carrot salad, pumpkin soup, vegetable and rice salad, vanilla custard
torta Caprese and a chia and pepita gluten free loaf.

Spinach scroll dough
Three cheeses and spinach scroll
Despite not having my thermomix I still found the class beneficial, I learnt that you can steam eggs in the thermomix, when making butter the closer to the expiry date the cream is the better it is to use, you don't have to peel the skin on the pumpkin when cooking pumpkin soup and allowing the bread dough to rise in the fridge overnight will result in a lighter bread.
  
Guacamole
Straining the butter milk from the butter
My plate of bread, pumpkin soup, rice salad and carrot salad
Fruit and nut muesli, torta caprese topped with vanilla custard  

 If you have a thermomix and have some tips to share please do!