December 2, 2014
Creamy sundried tomato and chicken fettucine - Thermomix
Using left over cooked chicken, tonight I whipped up this quick, easy and delicious pasta in my Thermomix.
1 brown onion
1 clove garlic
4 sprigs parsley
65g sundried tomato
1 medium sized zucchini, chopped into large pieces
30g olive oil
125g cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
200g pouring cream
1 tbsp vegetable stock paste
Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Place onion, garlic and parsley into mixing bowl and chop on speed 7 for 3 seconds. Scrape side of bowl.
2. Add sundried tomato and zucchini and chop at speed 5 for 3 seconds. Scrape side of bowl.
3. Add olive oil and saute for 3 minutes at 120 degrees at speed 1.
4. Add cherry tomatoes, chicken, water, cream and vegetable stock and cook for 10 minutes at 100 degrees at speed 1.
5. Halve dried fettuccine and add to bowl. Making sure fettucine is submerged in liquid cook for 8-10 minutes at 100 degrees, reverse soft speed.
Note: pasta may require an additional 1-3 minutes cooking time.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
Note: Pre cooked chicken can save an enormous amount of time when cooking, however it is important to be safe and avoid any unnecessary illness by following the recommended storage and reheating guidelines. Guidelines can be found on the NSW food authority website.