January 3, 2015

100 Sydney dishes to die for


This year I have challenged myself to trying as many dishes as I can from the '100 dishes to die for' list recently complied by The Sunday Telegraph's food critic Amy Harris.

The dishes from various Sydney eateries range from a $4 pork roll to a $225 oyster platter. With dishes reaching the $225 mark I hope you can forgive me or should I say my wallet if I don't quite reach 100 dishes.

With only 362 days to go till the end of the year, approximately one dish every 3.62 days and most of the listed eateries not being in my area of Sydney it will be challenging, but oh so rewarding if I can reach the magic 100!

Here are ten from the list that I can't wait to try:

1. Fettuccine with cream, Parmesan and truffle egg, Buon Ricordo, Paddington - Number 16
2. Peanut butter and banana sundae, HartsYard, Newtown - Number 39
3. Three cheese stuffed zucchini flowers, Cafe Sopra, Fratelli Fresh - Number 42
4. Pork buns, Momofuku, The Star - Number 62
5. Classic Crackles, Mr Crackles, Oxford Street - Number 71
6. The Caviar shot, The Winery, Surry Hills - Number 77
7. Wagyu burger, Rockpool Bar and Grill, Sydney - Number 86
8. Deep fried Mars Bar, Bondi Surf Seafood, Bondi - Number 89
9. Fried sagnaki cheese with honey and oregano, The Apollo, Potts Point - Number 96
10. The Works hamburger and pineapple crush drink, Paul's Famous Hamburgers, Sylvania - Number 100

Stay tuned for pictures and reviews here or on Instagram @fizzypinklemonade

Fizzy-pink-lemonade xo