January 23, 2015

Festival Village, Sydney Hyde Park

The Festival Village is back. Running from January 8 to 25 you will find this annual event in Sydney's Hyde Park.


With food stalls, licensed bars, a lawn library, music and entertainment it's the perfect place to visit if your looking for a laid back venue featuring some good eats.

The double down diner


I spent most of my time at the festival visiting The double down diner. From the Porteno's side of the diner I sampled the grilled chilli dog, smoked wagyu Philly cheese steak sandwich and southern fried chicken and waffles. Out of the three dishes the fried chicken and waffles were the clear winner, the chicken was perfectly crisp on the outside and succulent and moist on the inside. Combined with a little bit of bacon and maple soaked waffle it was the perfect marriage. I can't wait to try this dish again!



Grilled chilli dog
Smoked wagyu Philly cheese steak sandwich
Southern fried chicken and waffles
On the other side of the diner was Messina's. From the menu I ordered the nutty piefessor gelato pie. With a peanut butter biscuit base, peanut custard, vanilla gelato layer, more peanuts and cream topping all I can say is I'm glad I did a workout earlier in the day!


The Nutty Piefessor



To wash down the diner inspired dishes a large chocolate milkshake from Sherri and Candys milkbar worked well.



If you are in Sydney over the next week or two make sure you head to the Village Festival!