This salad has to be one of my favourites. Quick, easy, nutritious and filling it ticks many boxes and makes a regular appearance on my dinner table.
500g chicken breast
1 bunch asparagus
200g haloumi cheese
100g baby spinach leaves
8 cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon seeded mustard
1. Cut chicken breast into strips and fry in a heated pan with a little olive oil until chicken is cooked and golden on the outside.
2. Remove from pan and allow to cool in a large bowl.
3. In the same pan add sliced haloumi and asparagus and fry until the haloumi is golden on either side. Remove from pan and add to the large bowl of cooked chicken breast
4. Whilst the cooked ingredients slightly cool add the baby spinach, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado to another large bowl/serving dish.
5. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and seeded mustard to the bowl of cooked ingredients and gently mix till all items have been coated in dressing.
6. Add this mixture to the bowl/serving dish of spinach, tomatoes and avocado and lightly toss till all ingredients resemble a salad good enough to eat!