February 9, 2015

Pork dumplings, Din Tai Fung Westfield Sydney


 
 



  • Pork dumplings (xiao long bao), number 6 on the Top 100 Sydney dishes to die for list, The Sunday Telegraph Dec 14.
Yesterday afternoon I treated myself to these tasty little morsels called xiao long bao, otherwise known as pork dumplings.

Making number six on the list these pork dumplings from Din Tai Fung are a Sydney favourite. It amazing to think what started as a humble stall in Taipei in 1974 has turned into numerous stores around the world, seven of them being in Sydney.

With dinner only a couple hours away I only ordered one serving of four dumplings which cost $5.80.

Omitting any sauce from the first dumpling to appreciate itself, I popped it into my mouth. Being the perfect size it quickly exploded expelling a burst of warm savory juice and a yummy piece of minced pork.

Adding a little soy sauce to the next three made the experience even more enjoyable, my only regret was not ordering another serving.

*The 100 Sydney dishes to die for list was compiled by The Sunday Telegraph food critic Amy Harris and appeared in the Sunday Telegraph on December 28, 2014. My challenge this year is to try as many dishes as I can from the list.