May 11, 2015

Mother's Day breakfast

White and green spider chrysanthemums
Florence Broadhurst table cloth, silver string used as a napkin ring
My first handmade card. Berry parfaits.
Cooked items

Adriano Zumbo chorizo stick


Gabby wearing a Pumpkin Patch dress. I'm wearing a Cotton On plain top and Forever New woolen skirt.
Four generations
Yesterday to celebrate my second Mother's Day I held breakfast at my place.

Keeping the decor simple I covering the table with a white and navy Florence Broadhurst tablecloth, placed a crystal vase of white and green spider chrysanthemums on the centre of the table and wrapped silver stretchy string around the cloth napkins.

The menu consisted of typical breakfast dishes however with a twist. Instead of toast I served a chorizo stick I picked up the day before from Adriano Zumbo's Balmain store, served  purple pancakes thanks to the addition of mulberries (tinned, as currently not in season) and opted for homemade honey butter over plain butter.
  
What we ate:
Muesli with blueberry and maple yoghurt topped with mulberries parfait.
Mulberry pancakes with honey butter and maple syrup
Adriano Zumbo chorizo stick - roasted capsicium, caramilised onion, green olives, chorizo and cheese
Scrambled cheesy eggs
Bacon
Pork sausages
Potato gems

What we drank:
Orange juice
Nespresso pods
English breakfast

It was an enjoyable morning, with Gabby being almost 18 months it was nice this mothers day to watch her eat breakfast with us and play with her toys.

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!