July 17, 2015

Bamiyan, Dural


Mantu (beef dumplings)
Kabab Daggy


Garlic naan
Kabuli Pallow
Traditional pistachio ice cream with icy noodles
Ras Malai (homemade soft cheese in a cream sweet sauce)

Date night has become a rarity now that there is a toddler in the house. So whenever we get the opportunity to dine out toddler free I like to dine somewhere good.

After hearing positive reviews from my bestie and in laws about an Afghan restaurant by the name of Bamiyan in Dural, Mr FPL and I decided to give it a try.

Entering the restaurant we were met by an amazing aroma of spices in the air. I was excited! Going through the menu we decided to order two of the Chef favourites, the Mantu (beef dumplings) and Kabuli Pallow (rice and chicken korma) and the Kabab Daggy.

First to arrive were the beef dumplings. Topped with yoghurt sauce, chickpeas, tomato, mince sauce and mint the dumplings were amazing, I wasn't lying in my Instagram caption when I said it was the tastiest dish I had in a long time.

Next to arrive was the kabab. Expecting lamb on a skewer served with a side sauce I was surprised to see the meat off the skewer and in a sauce of onion and capsicum. With the right amount of spice it was another tasty dish that was just as enjoyable with the rice from the Kabuli Pallow as it was with the garlic naan.

Last to arrive was the chicken korma, not as creamy as expected it was more tomato than cream based, the chicken tender as can be fell off the bone.

With enough room for dessert each I choose the traditional pistachio ice cream with icy noodles and Mr FPL choose the Ras Malai, a homemade soft cheese in a creamy sweet sauce. With an icy lime gelato within the noodles the dish of pistachio ice cream was refreshing and was the perfect dessert to end a wonderful night of eating.

Overall it was a great dining experience, the service was good, the food was fantastic and the bill not too expensive. My taste buds and I are looking forward to the next time we dine at Bamiyan. If you live or are visiting the Hills district check it out!

Bamiyan
12/829 Old Northern Road
Dural, NSW